Learn Basic Grammar And It's Formulas
Learn Basic Grammar And It's Formulas
Well, Hello there! how are you today my beloved friends? I hope you're all in good conditions today, especially for you my fellow TBI students, anyway in this Covid-19 Pandemic, we are all having troubles, challenge, and difficulties through our lives, but the desire to searching for knowledge makes us unstoppable for looking for it, even in this Pandemic, OK. Let’s go to our lesson today, shall we?
Definition of Grammar
Grammar is the system of a language. People sometimes describe grammar as the "rules" of a language, but in fact, no language has rules. If we use the word "rules", we suggest that somebody created the rules first and then spoke the language, like a new game.
These are the formulas of basic grammar:
1. Subject
A subject is a part of a sentence that contains the person or thing performing the action (or verb) in a sentence like I, you, where, they, she, he, it
Example :
I = I eat a banana
She = She goes to school
He = He likes pineapple
We=we are playing PlayStation
They= They are going to his party
Yoga= Yoga doesn’t attend the class
2. Predicate
he predicate is one of the two main parts of a sentence (the other being the subject, which the predicate modifies). The predicate must contain a verb, and the verb requires or permits other elements to complete the predicate, or it precludes them from doing so.
Example:
Eat= I eat a burger
Drives= Yoga drives a car
Is Cute: she is cute
3. Verb
A verb is a doing word that shows an action, an event or a state. A sentence may either have a main verb, a helping verb or both. In other words, a verb is a word that informs about an action, an existence of something or an occurrence. The verb is the main word in a sentence.
Example:
Verb
|
Meaning
|
Sentence
|
Eat
Go
Like
Play
Love
Attend
|
Makan
Pergi
Suka
Bermain
Mencintai
Hadir
|
I eat banana
She goes to school
He likes pineapple
We are playing football
They love their teacher
Budi doesn’t attend in the class
|
4. Object
An object is one of the five major elements of clause structure. The other four are subject, verb, adjunct, and complement.
Example:
S + P + O/C
= I (subject) Love (predicate) Him (object)
5. Noun
A noun is a word that names something: either a person, place, or thing. In a sentence, nouns can play the role of subject, direct object, indirect object, subject complement, object complement, appositive, or adjective.
- Proper Noun (name): Yoga, Bayu, Yusuf, etc
- Common noun: Chair, plane, table, etc (a generic name for a person, place, or thing in a class or group. )
- Singular/plural (one or many): woman=women
- Countable or uncountable noun (countable can counted, uncountable means cant counted ) : Car (countable), water(uncountable)
Proper Noun
|
Indonesia has so many amazing sceneries
|
Common Noun
|
The plane has just taken off
|
Singular Noun
|
That man is wearing a jacket
|
Plural Noun
|
Those men are wearing shoes
|
Countable Noun
|
I left my pen in the class
|
Uncountable Noun
|
I drink a cup of milk in the morning
|
6. Pronoun
a pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. Examples: he, she, it, they, someone, who.
Example:
- I eat apple
- You go to her party
- They are playing basketball
- We are smart
- She has gone
- He looks at you
- It is my cat
7. Adjectives
The adjective is a word or set of words that modifies (i.e., describes) a noun or pronoun. Adjectives may come before the word they modify.
Examples:
That is a cute puppy.
She likes a high school senior.
Adjectives may also follow the word they modify:
Examples:
That puppy looks cute.
The technology is state-of-the-art.
OK, GUYS, that’s the lesson for today, I hope this will her you to improve your knowledge during the pandemic
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
-Albert Camus, Nobel Prize-winning philosopher
Komentar
Posting Komentar